Utah Sri Ganesha Hindu Temple Hours:
Monday to Friday: 8:30 AM to 12:30 PM and 5:00 PM to 9:00 PM
Saturday & Sunday: 8:30 AM to 9:00 PM
Utah Sri Ganesha Hindu Temple Regular Monthly Pujas:
Pradosha Shiva Abhisheka Tuesday, November 20, 2018 6:00 PM
Pournami Sri Satyanarayana Vratam Thursday, November 22, 2018 6:30 PM
Sankata Harana Chathurthi Sunday, November 25, 2018 6:30 PM
Recurring Monthly Abhisheka Schedule:
Datta Guru Third Wednesday, November 21, 2018 6:00 PM
Murugan Fourth Wednesday, November 28, 2018 6:00 PM
Recurring Weekly Abhisheka Schedule:
Ganesha Sunday 9:00 AM
Shiva Monday & Pradosha day 6:00 PM
Balaji Saturday 9:00 AM
Navagraha Saturday 8:45 AM
One of the most important components of our success is great people. Sri Ganesha Hindu Temple of Utah was built by few dedicated people. Click the link to read the history of the Temple.
History of the Temple by Sri Lingam by Timeline:
August 15 1993 Temple Concept Initiated
September 1993 Sivaya Subramuniyaswami Addresses Utah Hindu Community To Start Poojas
March 16 1995 Ganesha Sculpted In Mahabalipuram India Arrives In Salt Lake City May 8 1995 Temple Incorporated As A Non-Profit Organization.
August 26 1999 South Jordan Land Purchase Deed Signed
November 7 1999 India Cultural Center As A Cultural Wing – Concept Formalized
May 7 2001 India Cultural Center Incorporated [As A Non-Profit Wholly Owned Subsidiary Of The Temple] August 22 2001 Temple Bhumi Pooja Performed
October 21 2001 Vaasthu Pooja, Ground Consecration Noma
April 1 2002 Excavation Work Begins At The Site
May 4 2003 Maha Kumbhabhishekham; Temple Consecration With Main Sanctum For Lord Ganesha; And Durga Mata Shrine
September 6 2003 Navagraha Prathishta
August 21 2004 Shiva, Nataraja, Sivakami And Ram Parivar Prathishta
May 25 2005 Srivaru Balaji Venkateswara Prathishta
August 7 2005 Andal Bhudevi Prathishta
September 4 2005 Brass Vimana Assembled; Samprokshana Puja
October 2 2005 Vimana Abhisheka And Grand Opening
February 2007 Utsava Deities Consecrated
May 4 2007 Temple Ratha Built.
October 2007 Yagna Shala Consecrated.
February 24 2008 Balaji, Durgaji Mantapa Samprokshanas
April 8 2008 Naaga Devatha, Garuda Installed
May 2008 Sculpted Entrance Pillars Declared Open By Utah Governor
July 13 2009 ICC Bhumi Puja; Start Of Building Construction
March 26 2010 ICC Dwara Puja
January 23 2011 ICC Building Vaasthu Shanthi Gruha Pravesh
Utah Sri Ganesha Hindu Temple Regular Services:
Priests will perform the following regular pujas at the Temple:
- Ashtothra Aarati: Anytime on request to any deity/shrine.
- Puja, Aarati: Start times are weekday mornings 9:30 AM; weekend mornings 10:00 AM; all evenings 7:00 PM and 8:45 PM.
- Ganesha Abhisheka: Every Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday Morning, 8:45 AM.
- Shiva Abhisheka Puja: Every Monday and Pradosha Evening 6:00 pm.
- Lakshmi Abhisheka: Every First Friday
- Durga Puja: Every Second Friday
- Saraswathi Abhisheka: Every Third Friday
- Andal & Sivakami Abhisheka: Every Fourth Friday
- Durga and Devi Puja: Every Tuesday and Friday.
- Navagraha Abhisheka: Every Saturday, 8:45 AM.
- Srivaru Balaji Abhisheka: Every Saturday, 9:00 AM.
- Sankata Harana Puja/ Ganapathi Havan:On Sankasta Chaturthi 6:30 PM .
- Sathyanarayana Puja: On Poornima, 6:30 PM .
- Gayatri Yagna: First Saturday of each month at 10:30 AM.
- Wednesdays Evening Abhishekas: on Succeeding weeks of the month 6:00 PM Hanuman, Krishna, Dattatreya, Murugan.
- Ganapathi Atharva Sheersha and Rudram Chamakam, Suktam: Every Sunday.
- Vishnu Sahasranama: Every Saturday evening .
- Sri Venkateswara Suprabatham: Every Saturday.
- Bhajans and Sankeertan: On request and after Aarathi.
Utah Sri Ganesha Hindu Temple Regular Pujas:
Ganesha Abhisheka 8:45 AM — Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday
Shiva Abhisheka 6:00 PM — Monday & Pradosha
Balaji Abhisheka 9:00 AM
NavagrahaAbhisheka 8:45 AM — Saturday
Ganesha Havan 6:30 PM — Sankashti Evening
Satyanarayana Puja 6:30 PM — Poornima Evening
Hanuman, Krishna, Dattaguru, Murugan Abhishekas 6:00 PM — Successive Wednesdays
Devi, Amman, Mataji Puja — Tuesday, Friday
Gayathri Havan 10:30 AM — First Saturday of the Month
Utah Sri Ganesha Hindu Temple Deities:
- Durga Mata and Shivji.
- Shiva Linga.
- Balaji Venkateshwara.
- Rama, Sita, Lakshman, Hanuman.
- Naga Devatha in Garden Gazebo Pavilion.
Utan Sri Ganesha Temple Mission:
To establish and build A Hindu Temple in Utah to worship, conduct religious activities and pursue Hindu ideals of tradition and culture.
To consecrate, in addition to Lord Ganesha as the main sanctum, all important-deities of the Hindu pantheon and conduct regular puja services as per Hindu tradition.
To organize and share religious, cultural, philosophical, yogic, educational and other aspects of all denominations of Hindu religion and tradition on a continuous ongoing basis for all to come.
Utan Sri Ganesha Temple Guidelines:
- Please DO NOT TOUCH The Deities
- Please Do Not Light Any Diyas (Lamps) Or Incense Inside The Temple
- Please Respect The Privacy Of Devotees Who Are Praying Or Meditating
- Please Do Not Talk While The Pooja Is In Progress
- Please Control Your Children. No RUNNING Or PLAYING In The Temple
- Set Your Cell Phones, PDAs And Pagers To SILENT Mode While In The Temple
- All Prasadam Is Prepared By The Temple Priest Only
- Please Do Not Bring Any Cooked Food Items Into The Temple For Offering
- You Can Offer Milk, Fruits, And Flowers
- Please Do Not Eat Inside The Temple
- Photography Is STRICTLY PROHIBITED In The Temple
- Footwear Is Not Allowed In The Temple
- Leave Your Footwear On The Storage Shelves
Utah Sri Ganesha Hindu Temple Dress code:
1) Modest Clothing is Required.
2) All Clothing Must Cover Shoulders And Knees
Utah Sri Ganesha Hindu Temple Kitchen Timings:
Temple Kitchen will be open during weekends.
Saturday: 11.00 AM to 2.00 PM
Sunday: 11.00 AM to 2.00 PM & 5.00 PM to 8.00 PM
Utah Sri Ganesha Hindu Temple Address:
South Jordan Parkway,
UT – 84095.
E-mail: [email protected]