Vijayawada Kanaka Durga Temple Dasara Celebrations Details:
Durga Navratri festival is celebrated in Vijayawada Kanakadurga temple in a grand manner. Every year Dasara is celebrated for 9 days with 9 different Alankaranas. This year Dasara Sharan Navaratri Utsavalu will start on October 7th and comes to an end on October 15th.
The temple administration announced that every day, only 10,000 devotees are allowed to have darshan of Indrakeeladri Kanaka Durga Devi during the nine-day Dasara festivals. The administration said that out of a total of 10,000 worshipers, 4,000 will provide free darshan, 100 rupees tickets for 3,000 devotees and 300 rupees tickets for 3,000 devotees. Devotees has to book their tickets online, offline tickets are not available.
The temple authorities estimate that more than 1.34 crore rupees will be needed to make the necessary arrangements, such as tents, queue lines, transport, lighting and decoration of the “Hamsa Vahanam”. The Durga temple admin has announced not to allow Bhavani Deeksha relinquishment in view of Covid-19 this year.
On 7th October the Temple will be opened at 8.00 AM after Snapanam. On other days, the Temple will be opened for Darshanam from 3.00 AM to 11.00 PM. On Moola Nakshatram day from 2.00 AM to 11.00 PM. Pattu Vastralu is present by AP Government on Saraswati Alankaram day between 4.00 PM – 5.00 PM.
Vijayawada Kanaka Durga Special Kumkumarchana:
Kumkumarchana is performed in four batches on Moola Nakshatra Saraswati Puja day.
Special Kumkumarchana Timings:
Batch 1: 7.00 AM to 9.00 AM
Batch 2: 10.00 AM to 12.00 noon
Batch 3: 1.00 PM to 3.00 PM
Batch 4: 4.00 PM to 6.00 PM.
For Kumkumarchana 200 tickets will be issued at the temple counter.
Visesha Chandi Homam Ticket Price – Rs 4000.
Below is the list of Alankarams to Vijayawada Durgadevi:
2021 Vijayawada Kanaka Durgamma Dasara Dates:
- Thursday, 7 October 2021 – Sri Swarna Kavachalankrita Durga Devi – Ashwayuja Shuddha Padyami – Swarna Kavacham Sari – Gold Colour Saree
- Friday, 8 October 2021 – Sri Bala Tripura Sundari Devi – Ashwayuja Shuddha Vidiya – Light Pink Colour Saree.
- Saturday, 9 October 2021 – Sri Gayathri Devi – Ashwayuja Shuddha Thadiya – Orange Colour Saree.
- Sunday, 10 October 2021 – Sri Lalitha Tripura Sundari Devi – Ashwayuja Shuddha Chaturthi – Pure Gold Colour Saree.
- Monday, 11 October 2021 – Sri Annapoorna Devi – Ashwayuja Shuddha Shashti – Yellow Sandalwood Colour Saree.
- Monday, 11 October 2021 – Sri Mahalakshmi Devi – Ashwayuja Shuddha Saptami – Pink Colour Saree.
- Tuesday, 12 October 2021 – Sri Saraswati Devi – Ashwayuja Shuddha Saptami – White Colour Saree.
- Wednesday, 13 October 2021 – Sri Durga Devi Alankaram – Ashwayuja Shuddha Ashtami – Red Colour Saree.
- Thursday, 14 October 2021 – Sri Mahishasuramardhini Devi – Ashwayuja Shuddha Navami (Mahanavami) – Brown or Red colour handloom saree.
- Friday, 15 October 2021 – Sri Rajarajeshwari Devi – Ashwayuja Shuddha Dashami (Vijayadashami) – Green Colour Saree.
2021 Vijayawada Kanaka Durga Temple Dasara Arrangements:
- Vehicle traffic between Durga Ghat and the hilltop shrine will be restricted.
- Devotees are allowed for darshan from 2:00 am to 11:00 pm on Moola Nakshatram Day.
- Devotees will be allowed to enter the hilltop shrine in three rows and the rows will turn into five once they reach “Turning Om” in Indrakeeladri to ensure social distancing.
- Devotees must be examined with thermal scanners before they are allowed to enter the temple.
- Medical camps will be set up and ambulances will be stationed at the bottom of the hill
2021 Vijayawada Kanakadrga Dasara Naivedyam:
|Date||Form of Devi||Naivedyam|
|October 7, 2021||Swarna Kavachalankrutha Devi||Halwa Puri/Sojjappalu,
|October 8, 2021||Bala Tripura Sundari Devi||Paramannam/Rice Kheer,|
|October 9, 2021||Gayatri Devi||Allapu Garelu/Ginger Medu Vada,
|October 10, 2021||Lalitha Tripura Sundari Devi||Kobbari Annam, Thengai Sadam, Coconut Rice,
|October 11, 2021||Annapoorna Devi||Daddojanam,
|Mahalakshmi Devi||Poornalu, Poornam Boorelu,
|October 12, 2021||Saraswati Devi||Payasam,
Guggillu/Konda Kadalai Sundal,
|October 13, 2021||Durga Devi (Durgashtami)||Kadambam (without shallots),|
|October 14, 2021||Mahishasura Mardani||Pulihora,
|October 15, 2021
|Rajarajeswari Devi||Naivedyam for Rajarajeshwari Devi: Laddu,
Maha Naivedyam including: