Matsya Jayanti is observed on the third day of the Chaitra Shukla paksha month. It is the birthday of Lord Matsya who is the first avatar of Sri Vishnu. The incarnation takes place during the Satya Yuga. It falls during Chaitra Navratri and coincides with the Gangaur festivities. Special pujas take place in the temples of Sri Maha Vishnu. The Nagalapuram Veda Narayana Swamy Temple in the state of Andhra Pradesh is the only temple in India dedicated to Matsya Avatar of Sri Vishnu.
This Year Matsya Jayanti falls on April 04.
Things to do Matsya Jayanti Day:
- Devotees wake up early and take bath
- Wear New of fresh clothes
- Perfrom Puja to Sri Vishnu
- Visit any Vaishnava Temples
- Devotees should observe fast on this day
- Donate clothes, food to the needy people
- Read Matsya Purana, Vishnu Purana and other scriptures