Arunachalam Temple Giri Pradakshina Details:
- Giri Pradakshina Distance: one round is 14 Km.
- Best Time to walk: 4:00 am, 4:00 pm or 10 pm Onward.
- Time Taken: It depends on the physical ability. It usually takes 3 hours 30 minutes to 4 hours.
- Devotees must walk on bare feet while performing Pradakshina (don’t wear chappals, sandals or shoes).
- Arunachaleswarar Darshan may take 6 to 7 hours, so be prepared to stand during Darshan.
- Water bottles, medicines are allowed inside Darshan Line. Most of the devotees skip Darshan to avoid long waiting. One must be determined before entering Darshan.
- Water bottles and medicine are allowed in the Darshan line. Most devotees skip Darshan to avoid long waits. Devotees should decide before entering the Darshan line.
- Giri Pradakshina or Girivalam means walking around the Holy Arunachala Hill in a clockwise direction.
- The Giri Pradakshina can be performed as many times in a year, but it is auspicious on Pournami day. The crowd will be large during this time.
- The devotees can have 8 Siva Linga Darshan on the path they are: Indra Lingam, Agni Lingam, Yama Lingam, Niruthi Lingam, Varuna Lingam, Vayu Lingam, Kubera Lingam and Esanya Lingam. The glorified Adi Annamalai temple in Dhevaram is located on this road.
Arunachalam Temple Inner Giri Pradakshina:
Inner Distance: Around 9 Km
Duration by walk: 3 hours
Inner Path is also available for Girivalam but its path passes thru the forest.
The road is full of thrones, it is not easy to walk without shoes. For safety reasons, this road remains closed now.
Arunachalam Giri Pradakshina Online Booking Details:
- TamilNadu Tourism offers a Package from Chennai for Pournami Giri Pradakshina.
- Advance reservation is required for these tickets and is limited.
- Tickets can be booked by visiting the tourism center than online.
- TTD offers tours, guides and darshan for devotees.
- The guide will guide the devotees for 5 hours during Pradakshina.
- After Pradakshina, devotees will have a special Darshan, ie. a Separate line.
- Darshan can last between 1 hour and 30 minutes to 2 hours and 30 minutes.
- The TTDC package is only available for Pournami dates (full moon day).
- It starts in Chennai every full moon day at 8:00 am and arrives in Tiruvannamalai at 2:00 pm. and returns the next day at 6:00 am.
How to reach Arunachalam Temple?
By Air: From Chennai airport to Temple is 172 km.
By Rail: All Regular trains are available from Chennai to Thiruvannamalai.
By Road: Arunachalam temple is well connected will all major cities.