Mahanandeeswara Swamy Temple is in Mahanandi, Nandyal District, Andhra Pradesh. There are 9 Nandi shrines known as Nava Nandulu. Mahanandi is one of the Nava Nandis. This ancient temple is over 1,500 years old. Inscriptions on tablets from the 10th century indicate that the temple was repaired and rebuilt several times. These Nine temples are Mahanandi, Sivanandi, Vinayakanandi, Somanandi, Prathamanandi, Garudanandi, Suryanandi, Krishnanandi (also called Vishnunandi) and Naganandi.
Every year Dasara Navratri is celebrated for 10 days. This year Dasara Navratri Utsavams will start on 26th September and ends on 5th October.
Mahanandi Temple Hours:
Morning:5:00 AM to 12:30 PM
Evening: 2:30 PM to 8:00 PM
Mahanandi Temple 2022 Navratri Schedule:
- 26th September – Sri Sailaputri Devi Alankarana
- 27th September – Sri Brahmacharini Devi Alankarana
- 28th September – Sri Chandragantha Devi Alankarana
- 29th September – Sri Kushmanda Devi Alankarana
- 30th September – Sri Skandamata Devi Alankarana
- 1st October – Sri Katyayani Devi Alankarana
- 2nd October – Sri Kalaratri Devi Alankarana
- 3rd October – Sri Mahagowri Devi Alankarana
- 4th October – Sri Siddadatri Devi Alankarana
- 5th October – Sri Kameswari Devi Alankarana