Uniqueness of Sri Kalahasteeswara Swamy at Sri Kalahasti Temple
- The Uniqueness of the Idol at Sree Kalahasthi Temple is that Lord Siva manifested here having all the 27 Nakshatras (stars) and 9 Rashis in his Kavacham.
- Sri Kalahasti temple is the only temple that is kept open during Grahanam (Solar and Lunar Eclipse) also.
- Even Priests don’t touch the Sivalingam here with hands.
- Do not visit Friends and Relatives houses on the way back to your home after Rahu Ketu Pooja or any other pooja.
- Pregnant ladies should not perform the Dosha Nivarana poojas in the temple. Also avoid visiting temple where Dosha Nivarani Poojas are performed.
- Do not offer Sastanga Namaskara in any Naga Devatha temple.
- Do not visit the Temple with oiled hair.
- Take a head bath before performing the pooja.
- Females should perform the pooja before or after eight days of Menstruation.
Note: Performing eight consecutive Tuesdays worship of Naga Devathas by offering a Clay lamp flamed with Gingelly oil and on the 9th Tuesday performs Naga Dosha pooja at any temple gives good result for those who suffer with Naga / Sarpa Dosha.
- Consult a good Astrologer who is experienced in Astrological Science.
- Ask the Astrologer which day would be auspicious to perform the pooja according to my Janma akshathra and for the Problem, for eg – Financial Problems, Marital status problems, No Baby problem, Jobless etc.
Good result can be obtained if Rahu Ketu Sarpa Dosha Nivarani pooja is performed twice in a year. It should be once during the Dakshinayanam (July 15th to Jan 15th, the night time for the Celestials) & once in Uttarayanam (Jan 15th to July 15th, the day time for the Celestials). Perform Rudhra Abhishekam after finishing the Rahu Kethu Sarpa Dosha Nivarani Pooja.
Those who are uncomfortable or unable to perform rituals such as homas and japas, they can do this Rahu Ketu pooja which does not consists any Homa to be held but simply a thirty to forty minutes Manthroccharana (reciting Manthras) with flowers for two Naga (snake) Hoods before the deities of Rahu and Kethu regularly.
Perform the Rahu Kethu Pooja on an auspicious Muhurtham or on your Janma Nakshathra or normal good Nakshathra (stars) / lunar day.
Donating regional Cows (no to money), Naga Abharana (normally decorated on the Shiva Linga) also give good result. These are not compulsory but according to your financial position you may or may not. If done, it’s good.
Other than Sree Kalahasthi Temple there are some other Temples exists to perform the Rahu Kethu Dosha Nivarani:
1) Kukee Subramanya Swamy Temple, Subrahamanya Post, Sullia Taluk in Karnataka
2) Trayambakeshwar temple Nashik, Maharastra.
3) Rameswaram Tamilnadu.
4) Thirunageswaram Thanjavur district Tamil Nadu (Rahu Sthalam).
5) Ghati Sri Subramanya Temple, Doddaballapura, Karnataka.
6) Mannarasala Sree Nagaraja Temple, Haripad, Kerala.
7) Mopidevi Temple,Krishna District, Andhra Pradesh.
8) Kakani Bhramaramba Malleswara Swamy Temple Pedakakani, Andhra Pradesh
9) Bhairavakona Prakasam district, Andhra Pradesh
10) Sarpavaram, Kakinada Rural Mandal, East Godavari, Andhra Pradesh
11) Subramanya Swamy, in Singarayapalem, Andhra Pradesh
12) Nagulamadaka Karnataka
Other Rahu Ketu Pooja Temples:
1) Sri Naganathaswamy Temple Thirunageswaram, Kumbakonam.
2) Trimbakeshwar Temple, Nashik.
3) Sri Raja Rajeshwari Temple In Nellore.
4) Sri Valli Devasena Sametha Sri Subramanya Swamy Temple Chittoor.
5) Sri Kalahasteeswara Swamy Sri Kalahasti.
6) Japali Anajaney Swamy Temple Tirumala.
7) Sri Thathaya Gunta Gangamma in Tirupati.
8) Ghati Subramanya Swamy Temple.
8) Kukke Subramanya Swamy Temple